|Blazer||Black with School Badge*||Blazer||Black with School Badge*|
|Skirt||Black 2" box pleated knee length|
|Trousers||Black tailored school uniform Style||Trousers||Black tailored school uniform Style|
|Jumper||Black V neck, plain or with school badge||Jumper||Black V neck, plain or with school badge|
|Tie||Clip on school tie*||Tie||Clip on school tie*|
|Shirt||White, long sleeved formal style with buttoned collar, tucked in at the waist||Shirt||White, long sleeved formal style with buttoned collar, tucked in at the waist|
Formal, durable flat black shoes without logos.
|Shoes||Formal, durable flat black shoes without logos.
Trainers are not permitted
|Sikh boys may wear a black turban||
Muslim girls may wear a school approved black head scarf
|Socks||Black or grey||Socks||Black or grey|
|Bag||School Ruck Sack (with or without school logo)||Bag||School Ruck Sack (with or without school logo)|
|Aprons (x2)||1 for cooking, 1 for other use*||Aprons (x2)||1 for cooking, 1 for other use*|
|Black English Martyrs' T'Shirt*||Black English Martyrs' T'Shirt*|
|Black track suit bottoms||Black track suit bottoms|
|Black polo shirt with logo**||Black polo shirt with logo**|
|Black sports shorts||Black sports shorts|
|Black tracksuit bottoms (AstroTurf)||Black tracksuit bottoms (AstroTurf)|
|Black knee length socks or white sports socks||Black knee length socks or white sports socks|
|White soled trainers||White soled trainers|
|Red rugby top with logo**||Red hooded top with logo**|
|Rugby Mouth Guard|
|Students selected for school football teams must wear shin pads|
Students cycling to school must wear a cycling helmet.
All items listed should conform to English Martyrs School approved style as available in many retailers and displayed at the Induction meeting for the Year 6.
* These items can be purchased from the Student Services Office.
** These items can be purchased from the Schoolwear Centre, Charles Street, Leicester, Uniform Direct, 54-56 Humberstone Gate. Leicester, Trendy Schoolwear, 113 Uppingham Road, Leicester.
All uniform must be worn correctly with care and pride at all times including travel to and from home. Please observe the following instructions carefully.
- The only permitted ear jewellery is a pair of sleeper studs, one in each ear in the bottom lobe. Ear stretchers, tapers and plugs may not be worn.
- Tattoos and body piercing is not permitted.
- Make-up or nail varnish should not be worn in school.
- Hair styles should be moderate and appropriate for school. No haircut should be clipped below ‘2’. Hair may not be dyed a colour which is not a natural colour.
- No logo other than the school badge is permitted.
- Shoes should be formal black school shoes. They must be durable and protect the feet from potential accidents in classrooms, design and technology activities and around the school. Fashion items and training shoes or shoes which look like trainers are not appropriate school wear. Canvas shoes and boots are not permitted. Shoes should not have any logos. Examples of appropriate footwear are displayed here. Please check with your child’s Head of Year if in doubt prior to purchase.
- Baseball caps are not permitted at any time. Scarfs and woollen hats may only be worn in extreme weather conditions (snow). Hats, gloves and scarfs may not be worn indoors.
Please note that a student who does not turn up to school in correct uniform may be withdrawn from class until the issue is sorted.
To view information about suitable school shoes and trousers please click here